Overall Niche Grade
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
- Health & SafetyA
- Sports & FitnessA-
- Resources & FacilitiesA+
Syosset Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
- New York University109Students
- Binghamton University, SUNY106Students
- Cornell University103Students
- Stony Brook University, SUNY79Students
- Boston University78Students
- Northeastern University71Students
- University of Delaware70Students
- Columbia University67Students
- University of Michigan - Ann Arbor65Students
- Syracuse University60Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on the rate of disciplinary actions and student and parent reviews.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.34 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.35 responses
- Very Good114
The teachers I like are great and were always there to help me and the school is nice and I like the people. Grateful that I go there and sad to leave.
- Niche User
- 3 months ago
I, personally, have had a great experience at Syosset High School. There are classes, clubs, and other social activities that you can join that are truly fun and worthwhile. If you take advantage of the challenging academic opportunities and join a down-to-earth club or sport (disclaimer: only one or maybe two of the Syosset sports teams are down-to-earth), then you can have a truly incredible experience. This school has helped me grow both inside and outside of the classroom, and I certainly do not regret living in the Syosset area. I am very aware that I am very privileged as a Syosset student. That being said, there are things in this school that annoy me significantly. The bathrooms are disgusting, the parking and traffic flow is dysfunctional, the school spirit is nonexistent, and many significant problems that can be easily solved seem to go overlooked by administration. It seems that administration is always looking for the cheap way out. I know that as a public school, it is difficult to get financial aid and approval by the state. That being said, there are too many important issues that have been ignored.
- High School Junior
- 4 months ago
It has some great aspects, some normal and some not good. The overall atmosphere is overly intense and not happy and competitive and entitled and such.
- High School Senior
- 5 months ago